About the Role
The Children’s Hospice Association Inc. (CHA) is a registered not-for-profit organisation trading by the name Hannah’s House. Hannah’s House exists to enhance quality of life for children with life-limiting conditions and their families.
We do this by:
- Providing best practice hospice and in-home care and support from diagnosis through to recovery or bereavement and beyond.
- Helping to shape the future of paediatric palliative care in WA.
- Bringing joy into the lives of children with life-limiting conditions and their families.
Our Vision is to provide care, comfort and joy for every child with a life-limiting condition and their family in our home ‘Hannah’s House’ and in theirs.
We Value: Integrity; Determination; Collaboration; Caring; and Kindness.
Our current model of service delivery is via in-home care, however it is our goal to open Western Australia’s first Children’s Hospice by 2023.
We are seeking the support of a voluntary Treasurer with experience in both financial and management accounting who can support the organisation through a period of exciting growth and development.
The Treasurer will provide oversight of the financial operations of Hannah’s House with tasks to include:
- Regularly analyses the financial information and alerts the Board of financial concerns;
- Attends monthly meetings of the Board and attends/chairs meetings a finance/ risk sub-committee;
- Liaises with the Auditor, Australian Taxation Office and other Government agencies as required;
- Provide timely financial information to allow the preparation of returns and reports for the ATO, ACNC, Department of Commerce etc;
- Actively participate with the preparation of the annual budget;
- Oversee investments and cash management; and
- Perform any other financial duties as required by the constitution or the Board.
The ideal person will be someone who has 4 to 6 hours per month to dedicate to the organisation and is committed to our purpose and vision. We envisage the candidate will be a Chartered Accountant or similar with sound experience in short and medium term forecasting and financial modelling.
The candidate will be required to have a current National Police Clearance and not have any current or pending convictions relating to fraud and is not disqualified as a board member under corporations law.
This is an honorary role.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0447974799
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Member – Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.