About the role
Seeking Treasurer to join Outloud community arts organisation
Would you like to be part of a lively organisation with an established track record of supporting local creative talent and community expression?
Outloud is a community arts based organisation located at the Bankstown Arts Centre. Over the last 27 years, Outloud (previously known as BYDS) has initiated and executed over eight hundred arts and cultural projects with the communities of Bankstown and surrounds.
We are seeking an active and enthusiastic Treasurer to oversee the financial administration of the organisation and advise the Board on financial strategy.
Your role as Treasurer would involve:
- Providing regular financial reports to the Board, including the annual balance sheet and accounts for presentation at the AGM.
- Presenting financial information to the Board.
- Ensuring a budget is prepared and expenditure for board approval. Also ensure it is regularly reviewed and analysed.
- Ensuring financial records are up to date and in order.
- Ensuring that information necessary for an audit is organised and prepared
- Ensuring the organisation has the necessary financial and investment advice to make sound decisions.
Area of expertise being sought: Accounting and financial management. Familiarity with the non-profit sector is desirable but not essential.
Time commitment: The Board meets bi-monthly on a weeknight. Occasional special meeting or sub-committee meetings also arise. Applicants should have the ability to commit about 5-10 hours per month to Treasurer duties. This is a voluntary role without payment.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV and a covering letter detailing their suitability and interest in the role through to email@example.com. All enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. All CVs and letters provided will be used for this recruitment process only and destroyed in accordance with Australian law at the end of the application process.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0297938324
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Member - Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.