About the Role
Want to influence the next generation?
Want to contribute your skills and expertise to creating a better tomorrow?
Environment Education Victoria is seeking a board member to join our Committee of Management.
Environment Education Victoria (EEV) is a membership-based organisation. We provide environmental and sustainability educators with a professional association that connects people and organisations to develop capacity for enriched, sustainable lives. Our programs and projects touch the lives of thousands of people every year. In line with our members’ values, EEV is a registered, not-for-profit, incorporated association and registered charity (DGR).
EEV is governed by a volunteer Committee of Management (CoM) comprised of elected members with expertise and knowledge from various parts of the environmental education and Education for Sustainability (EfS) sector. Our Committee of Management (CoM) includes teachers and sustainability education professionals, as well as community members and individuals with a range of expertise in business, accounting and the law.
The Committee of Management’s primary responsibilities are the governance and sustainability of EEV, as well as strategic, fiduciary and monitoring functions. Therefore, as a member of CoM your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the EEV remains a viable and effective organisation, and to secure its long-term future.
- Providing leadership in, and remaining focused upon, the development of the EEV’s organisational purpose, strategic direction and priorities.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the aims, goals and objectives as articulated in the Strategic Plan are aligned with the organisational purpose, strategic direction and priorities of the Centre and that they are met.
- Monitoring performance in relation to operational management, and ensuring that it is effective and accountable in all aspects, including financial accountability, legal compliance, and industrial relations requirements.
- Submitting relevant reports and financial statements to government regulators, as required.
- Approving and monitoring CoM level policies.
- Appointing the Executive Officer.
- Value education and believe it can make a difference.
- Hold a love of nature and are committed to creating a better tomorrow.
- Desire to inspire and empower others.
- Can provide two professional references.
- Can contribute skills, knowledge or experience from any field. This may include: education, environment, IT, law, government, private sector, entrepreneur, finance, and consulting.
- Can spare a minimum 4 hours per month.
- Over the age of 18.
Further information about the role and how to apply can be found in the attached position description.
Do you know someone who has what it takes to be a member of the EEV Committee of Management? To discuss or nominate, please contact us.
Applications for this position close on Tuesday 5 March at 5pm.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0403789648
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Member (voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.