About the role
Filling the Gap's (FTG) objective is to improve oral health care in indigenous communities in regional Australia, where public resources are currently inaccessible. Outcomes are ensured through carefully building relationships and through culturally aware partnership practices. It is a non –government charitable organisation incorporated in NSW and has been successfully operating since 2006.
We look to support regional Australia via a ‘family’ of dedicated volunteers who are committed to giving back to the regional communities. We work in partnership with the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled health services, in areas where there is limited access to affordable and culturally appropriate services.
We are seeking additional voluntary Board members with a passion in the area of health or indigenous affairs or both.
Positions available may include Chairperson, Secretary or non-executive Director. These positions will suit those individuals who have energy, passion and time for helping others.
Interested parties should possess the some of the following skills and experience:
- Ability to support the vision and commitment to the aims and objectives of Filling the Gap.
- Ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the Organisation
- Ability to balance our not for profit sector objectives with the need to be commercially sustainable in an ever changing and competitive environment
- Ability to devote time and effort to help Filling the Gap achieve its strategic objectives
- Comfortable networking and maintaining relationships as well as having a strong network of contacts within the business world.
- Skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- Philanthropy / Marketing / Fundraising.
- Business Management
- Ability to communicate and consult effectively at all levels
- Exposure to the voluntary and/or not for profit sector (desirable)
- Experience at senior management or board level in health and/or indigenous affairs (desirable);
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Member (Voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.