About the Role
Voluntary Position Located in Australia
This Life is a community development organisation. This Life, currently operating as This Life Cambodia, delivers programs focused in three practice areas. In 2019/2020, we are expanding our activities into other countries in the region and this is obviously a very exciting and challenging time for us and our Board.
In Cambodia, out programs currently cover:
- Children and Families
- Community Research and Consultancy
We typically work with communities who have the greatest challenges, yet the desire and the drive to enact change. What they need are the tools, training, skills and initial support to tackle their community’s specific development issues. Local communities are the experts at identifying their problems and priorities. They often have great ideas and what they need are the ways and means to take ownership of resolving their greatest challenges.
Our approach enables communities to develop the essential infrastructure and skills needed to make change and break free from poverty. The unifying factor in everything we do is to work alongside communities listening to their needs and concerns. We advocate alongside children, families and community stakeholders as they define and implement their own solutions.
Our programs have evolved organically, based on our experience in service delivery, and on the needs communities identify through a consultative processes. As a result many of our programs are interlinked.
We have been recognised internationally for our work through the Stars Impact Award (2015), and most recently for the Best Social Media Campaign Of 2019 at the Australian Not For Profit Technology Awards. We are currently also a finalist in the Grassroots Justice Prize for 2019.
We are registered in Cambodia as an International NGO, as a Public Benevolent Institution in Australia, and we’re Governance and Professional Practice (GPP) certified by the Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC).
Our Board is particularly keen to hear from people who would relish working with us and who have expertise in
- International or other law
If you have other areas of expertise you feel you can bring to the table however, we would also be very happy to hear from you.
What do This Life Board Members do?
Board Members are required to prepare for and attend relevant meetings, support Board decisions, provide strategic advice on the direction, mission, values and vision for This Life and assist in reviews of the organisation’s operations, structure and function as required. As a Board Member, you will participate in evaluation of Board activities and of the role and function of the Executive Director, including such activities as recruitment and performance appraisal for that role. All Board Members must follow and abide by This Life Cambodia’s governing document This Life Cambodia Constitution.
Board members have a responsibility to:
- Act honestly and in good faith
- Ensure that the organisation carries out activities within its purpose.
- Comply with the requirements of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012 (C’wth), including ethical behavior, the identification and proper disclosure of conflicts of interest and the prohibition on the use of your position for personal benefit.
- Act in the best interests of the organisation. The interests of the organisation are the members as a whole, not any particular member or group of members
- Ensure that any duties delegated to staff are carried out properly and by competent people.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their participation and not share information that refers to staff members or members of the management group to any group or individual outside the organisation.
For any questions, please contact Mihajlo@thislifecambodia.org
Only applications received via our online recruitment system, ORANGE HR, will be accepted.
Applicants should apply by clicking on this link: at http://www.thislifecambodia.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
- Select the job you are applying for
- Supply the information as requested on the form and answer any mandatory questions. all ONLINE and in one sitting. You cannot save data and return later. You will be asked to upload your CV and may also be asked to submit other attachments.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click Submit.
You should see a message in the top right hand corner advising ”Application Successfully Submitted”. If you do not see that message it means you have not answered all questions as required. All questions with an asterisk* are mandatory.
Applications will not be accepted unless all required information is entered, nor will applications be accepted after the closing date. Only applicants who progress to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further.
Closing Date for this role: 5:00pm, 12 August 2019
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : +85511 683942
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: BOARD MEMBERS via Pro Bono Australia.