About the role
Bring your passion and skills to Motherless Daughters Australia (MDA), the only national not for profit organisation dedicated to supporting girls and women whose mothers have died. We are a small emerging organisation committed to informing, supporting and connecting girls and women by providing peer support opportunities both online and within the community to improve self-esteem, confidence, stress and grief management, alleviate feelings of depression, anxiety and improve overall health and well-being.
To strengthen the skills and knowledge base of the existing board, and to assist us to achieve our mission, MDA is calling for enthusiastic and experienced professionals to join our Board.
- Appointment of one General Director for a period of three years with an established network and Board experience.
- Appointment of one Director for a period of three years with Psychology qualifications.
- Appointment of one Director for a period of three years with Legal experience.
All Board members are expected to serve on at least one sub-committee and attend committee meetings as required. Position Descriptions can be downloaded below.
The Role of the MDA Board
Motherless Daughters Australia Directors are volunteers responsible for the successful implementation of the MDA Strategic vision and objectives to represent, inform, support and connect all Australian girls and women whose mothers have died.
The MDA board is also responsible for the good governance of the organisation including financial accountability, legal compliance and risk management. The board meets monthly in East Melbourne on the first Wednesday of each month from 6-8pm. All Directors are expected to prepare for and actively participate in meetings and contribute to Committees as required.
Board meetings frequency: Monthly
Board meetings held: After work hours in East Melbourne, Victoria
The Role of Committees of the MDA Board
The MDA Board is supported by the following committees. Each committee is Chaired by an MDA board member.
- Audit & Risk Committee
- Research & Evaluation Committee
- Fundraising Committee
Applications will be assessed using the following skills and experience criteria:
- Professional Skills/Area of Expertise being sought – Governance, Risk Management, Psychology, Legal, Fundraising, Board experience
- Industry Knowledge – Not for profit, Community Sector, Mental Health, Women’s Health.
- Personal Attributes – leadership, commitment to the cause, commitment of time and energy, interpersonal and collaborative skills, sound judgement, decision making skills, integrity and capacity for visionary thinking.
You will ideally have previous governance or senior management experience, an understanding of the work of the community services sector and the ability to work as a member of a team. Applications will be evaluated and short listed by a recruitment panel for interviewing.
To apply for any of the above, please email your application to CEO, Danielle Snelling at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th September, 2019.
The subject line must read MDA Board Application.
All applications must include the following:
- A brief cover;
- Current CV;
- A brief description of the contribution you can make as a Board Director making reference to the skills, knowledge and experience you will bring to the Motherless Daughters Australia’s Board.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0422074020
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Members x3 via Pro Bono Australia.