About the Role
Board of Directors vacancies
Emerge is a specialist family violence service located in Victoria’s Southern Region and is primarily funded through the Commonwealth/State Supported Accommodation Assistance Program (SAAP).
The organisation offers a diverse range of accommodation and support to women and women with children experiencing family/domestic violence including:
• A high security state-wide communal refuge;
• Medium security state-wide accommodation for women and women with children who have additional needs such as substance use and/or mental health issues;
• Regional support, access and accommodation for women and women with children who wish to remain in the southern region;
• Specialist support for accompanying children via a dedicated Emerge worker;
• Specialist support for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) women and women with children through co-case management with Immigrant Women’s Domestic Violence Service.
In addition to the above Emerge is committed to providing support and assistance to women and women and children to live safely within their own homes and community.
Emerge exists to enable independence for women and children by breaking the cycle of domestic violence.
We are seeking an experienced and committed person with a background working in a feminist context, addressing issues such as gender equality as well as experience in the areas of health or human services. You should have a passion for making a difference for women and women with children.
It is an exciting time for Emerge, so we need someone who aligns strongly with our mission and is keen to join the journey.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is a protected position and is open to women only. This is consistent with section 34(2)(i) of the Discrimination Act 1991, as well as Emerge’s Constitution.
How to apply
Your expression of interest should include a CV listing relevant experience and a one-page cover letter outlining;
• What interests and excites you about Emerge
• Specific experiences in the health or human services areas, addressing gender equality or any other relevant NFPs issues which you think can be a benefit/ contribution to Emerge
• Your knowledge and connections in the sector, particularly in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
• How you see your skills and experience contributing to Emerge and our mission.
Suitable applicants will be interviewed by a panel of our current Emerge Board of Directors.
Email your expression of interest and enquiries to Jennifer Botha (Board Treasurer) on firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board of Directors via Pro Bono Australia.