About the Role
Aspergers Victoria (AV) exists to empower people with Aspergers with a volunteer-driven, educational life-pathway to overcome any disadvantages based on four program pillars:
• Peer support groups
• Information to empower
• Educational events/presentations
• Employment readiness, support and linkages.
As Secretary you will be a member of the Board that helps to manage the day-to-day operations of AV. This will in the future be delegated to an Executive Officer. This position offers a passionate environment to contribute to your community and build your experience.
The sources of a secretary’s duties are found in the Associations Incorporation Act and the Rules of Association of AV.
1. Call meetings of AV, including preparing notices of a meeting and of the business to be conducted at the meeting in consultation with the president of the association;
2. Keep minutes of each meeting. This includes AGM.
3. Keep copies of all correspondence of other documents relating to the association; and
4. Maintain the association’s register of matters.
5. Liaiss with government on Aspergers Victoria’s behalf including ATO, ACNC and Consumer Affairs Victoria.
6. Ensure compliance with any terms and conditions which apply to any grant or sponsorship received.
7. Keep custody of the common seal and all registers, records, documents and securities except financial,
8. Maintain board member list & special volunteer register, Working with Children Check list.
You will be required to become a member of AV and have a Working with Children Check.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.