About the Role
• Do you have a passion for supporting native Australian animals and the environment?
• Do you have relevant experience in administration or office support roles?
• Are you able to commit for a minimum of 1 year (approximately 10 hours a month) to the role?
Native Animal Rescue is a not-for-profit and non-government incorporated body. We are located in Malaga and have a regional branch in Broome.
We are involved in leading-edge conservation programs and collaborate with local councils, government departments and universities to develop and maintain rehabilitation strategies for our precious native wildlife.
Our main goals are:
• The treatment and care of sick, orphaned and displaced native animals and to rehabilitate them back into their natural habitat
• To contribute to conservation strategies
• Provide facilities for the training of practitioners in wildlife management skills
• The education of the wider community in wildlife issues
• To provide resources and facilities to support research into wildlife issues
We are currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in administration support to become the Board Secretary.
The Secretary is primarily responsible for the documentation and communication of all Board activities.
The role will provide key administrative support for the Board by preparing agendas for distribution, recording and circulating accurate meeting minutes, receiving and disseminating Board correspondence to the Board. The role is also responsible for annual reporting to government oversight bodies.
The Secretary will also be required to complete additional ad-hoc tasks as required by the Board to ensure agreed outcomes for the Association are met.
The ideal candidate have proven experience in an administrative capacity with strong organisational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated administration or office support experience
• Previous experience as a board secretary in a comparable organisation
• Previous experience with a not for profit
Competencies / skills required:
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Work productively with other Board members
• Computer literacy skills
• Demonstrated planning skills
• Minimum 1 year
• Approximately 10 hours a month, attendance at Board meetings, Annual General Meeting and at least one public event a year.
• Meetings are generally monthly on a weekday evening, with the Board setting the dates and times at the first meeting following the AGM.
• Successful police check
• Successful candidates will need to become a member of Native Animal Rescue. The current membership fee is $25 per year.
• Any offer of positions is subject to endorsement by the members at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 21st November at 7pm. Attendance at this meeting is required to be selected for the position.
How to apply
Please attach you current resume with a brief statement addressing the following questions:
• Why are you applying for this position?
• Are you currently or have you ever been a member of any boards or committees?
• What skills do you think you can bring to the Native Animal Rescue Board?
Please note interview will be held during the period 29th to 31st October.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0411515690
Email : Laura_perth@live.com.au
Please quote in application: Board Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.