About the role
Friends for Good (FFG) is a volunteer driven not-for-profit and the only charity in Australia working solely on the issue of loneliness and social isolation.
In 2020 we secured Federal Government funding to expand our FriendLine telephone service on a national scale and are looking for a dedicated Board Secretary to support us through this period of growth.
FFG is looking for a passionate individual with previous governance experience and an understanding of the NFP sector.
About the role
FFG is looking for a dedicated and engaged Board Secretary who can positively impact the organisation’s important work.
The purpose of this role is to support the Board to meet its governance obligations under the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC) Act and other applicable legislation.
As Board Secretary, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Chair to administer an effective Board.
- Contributing to all governance activities of the Board, including strategic planning, overseeing financial performance, risk management and compliance.
- Managing the retention of Board documents and records, including the Board meeting records and member register.
- Ensuring the Board meets its reporting obligations, including annual accounts, annual information statements, and change in Board members.
- Managing the organisation of Board meetings, including scheduling, coordination, giving notice, managing election processes, and taking minutes.
- Supporting the Chair to induct new Board Members.
The most important criteria is commitment to FFG’s mission and a willingness to contribute as part of a committed team.
The Board of Management meets on a bimonthly basis in the CBD. In the intervening months Board Members contribute to the organisation by undertaking projects or tasks.
All Board members are required to complete a criminal history check.
How to apply
To apply for this role please email email@example.com expressing your interest. Please include a copy of your CV.
About the organisation
Our vision: People free from loneliness.
Mission and work: FFG sees loneliness as a critical health issue in the Australian community; one of national importance. Our mission is to raise awareness of loneliness as a significant public health issue in the community. After identifying a gap in services, we offer services including a national phone line and chat service FriendLine, for anyone who needs to reconnect or just wants a chat.
FFG also undertakes research to understand the prevalence and experience of loneliness in Australia.
Our highly successful annual conference brings together key stakeholders from the not-for-profit and private sectors, academics, government, policy makers and practitioners to explore ways to work together to alleviate loneliness.
How to apply
Please call Patricia Lauria, CEO and Co-Founder to discuss this role on 0414341985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.