About the Role
Emerge is a specialist family violence service located in Victoria’s Southern Region and is primarily funded through the Commonwealth/State Supported Accommodation Assistance Program (SAAP). The organisation offers a diverse range of accommodation and support to women and women with children experiencing family/domestic violence including:
• A high security state-wide communal refuge;
• Medium security state-wide accommodation for women and women with children who have additional needs such as substance use and/or mental health issues;
• Regional support, access and accommodation for women and women with children who wish to remain in the southern region;
• Specialist support for accompanying children via a dedicated Emerge worker;
• Specialist support for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) women and women with children through co-case management with Immigrant Women’s Domestic Violence Service.
In addition to the above Emerge is committed to providing support and assistance to women and women and children to live safely within their own homes and community.
Emerge exists to enable independence for women and children by breaking the cycle of domestic violence.
Board Treasurer Role
We are seeking an experienced and committed person with a background working as a Treasurer with NFP organisations with CA/ CPA qualifications. You should have a passion for making a difference for women and women with children.
It is an exciting time for Emerge, so we need someone who aligns strongly with our mission and is keen to join the journey.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is a protected position and is open to women only. This is consistent with section 34(2)(i) of the Discrimination Act 1991, as well as Emerge’s Constitution.
Board Meetings are held every last Tuesday night of each month from 7pm till 9pm in south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
How to apply
Your expression of interest should include a CV listing relevant experience and a one-page cover letter outlining;
• What interests and excites you about Emerge
• Specific experiences and experiences in Treasury positions for other NFPs
• Your knowledge and connections in the sector, particularly in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
• How you see your skills and experience contributing to Emerge and our mission.
Suitable applicants will be interviewed by a panel of our current Emerge Board of Directors.
Please email your expression of interest and enquiries to Jennifer Botha (Board of Director) at email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0434070146
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.