About the role
SCAI Australia is a vibrant charity established in 2005, that works to prevent trafficking and the unnecessary separation of children from their families in Nepal. SCAI has been funding various projects in the children protection and education development sectors in Nepal since 2005, and working as an INGO since 2007. SCAI has been a DGR since 2010 (ABN 23 135 797 643).
SCAI employs one staff in Australia, and a has a team of local Nepalese at SCAI’s in country office in Nepal.
SCAI takes a holistic approach to breaking the cycle of poverty, and focus on 3 core program areas; Preventing separation of children from their families through providing Education Scholarship Programs, family and livelihood support; Re-uniting children who have already been separated with their families and; Providing temporary family based care for children with no option for alternative care in their communities at our children’s home.
The bookkeeper will work with the CEO (the sole employee) and the Treasurer and undertake tasks including:
- Reconciling the financial transactions in Xero.
- Arranging payment of accounts.
- Preparing and sending invoices and receipts to donors (avge 5/month)
- Processing payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Submission of Activity Statement to ACNC.
- Checking figures and reporting for accuracy.
- Reporting any irregularities in data to CEO.
- Producing balance sheets, income statements and other financial documents.
Experience with Xero required.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper via Pro Bono Australia.