About the Role
Our Youth is Our Future so it is important to take care provide opportunities and training for Brisbane’s Youth in Media, Broadcast, Entertainment, Marketing and Journalism. In doing this Brisbane has a radio station that is focused on being local and supporting our youth whilst providing entertaining and fresh content and music we all love and know
Our volunteers are of all ages and abilities, who develop great self-esteem and communication skills whilst also serving the community. By providing engaging and empowering opportunities for young volunteers, Brisbane Youth Radio also prepares volunteers for future career opportunities in media and entertainment.
BYR has built partnerships with commercial broadcasters, training institutions and schools to provide real world, hands on experience and a place where young people can come and express themselves.
For more information on us see www.brisbaneyouthradio.com.au
This is a part time role, involving around 1-2 hours per week and encompasses:
- Recording all income and expenditure (including cash, EFT and PayPal transactions);
- Recording all purchases from our suppliers and payment of invoices from these suppliers;
- Preparing and sending invoices and receipts to debtors;
- Processing payroll (for a single employee) including PAYG taxation and superannuation;
- Carrying out bank reconciliations;
- Reporting for preparation of a Business Activity Statement (BAS);
- Generating monthly financial reports for the Management Committee;
- Reporting any irregularities in data to the Management Committee;
- Working with our auditors to provide annual audits of our accounts.
This is a volunteer based role requiring minimal hours and is mainly a support role to the Management Committee to assist in it’s financial management and reporting. Ideally we would be seeking a qualified Bookkeeper with experience in the not-for-profit sector or accounting firm willing to provide pro-Bono services or to look at a contra arrangement.
- Experience processing payroll transactions
- Sound current knowledge of Australian accounting standards and reporting requirements
- Sound current knowledge of the regulatory environment for not-for-profits in Queensland
- Proven ability to prepare and deliver budget documents and financial reports
- Experience working with major accounting software packages, including MYOB and Xero
- Excellent computer literacy, especially Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper / Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.