About the role
Our small charity is seeking a pro-bono/volunteer bookkeeper to offer ongoing support to our Treasurer and management.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining work experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
We are using cloud-based accounting software and other online collaboration tools. Tasks are carried out from home (or your office) with a secure computer and internet connection.
Hours are currently estimated to be between 1 to 5 hours per fortnight. There are no set working hours or days. Some fortnights there might be only 1 hour of data entry, while other fortnights there may be a larger batch taking 5 to 10 hours to enter and check.
This would primarily suit a recent finance or accounting graduate looking to add work experience to their resume, or a self employed bookkeeper wanting to support a charity (perhaps as a part of giving back or corporate social responsibility).
Assisting the Treasurer and being delegated financial tasks as follows:
- Entering payment information and generating receipts for clients, members, and donors.
- Entering expenses and transactions into our accounting software.
- Reconciling bank statements and checking for errors.
- Generating financial reports and summaries for management.
- Generating graphs and charts for budgets and reports, as needed.
- Providing advice and knowledge to the Treasurer, and assisting with ‘how to’ guides for other team members involved in financial tasks.
- Assist with budgets.
- Similar related tasks related to bookkeeping where needed.
- Bookkeeping or accounting qualification or certification is required.
- Excellent accuracy and mathematical skills.
- Happy to use cloud based accounting and other platforms for a fully remote working environment.
- Have secure and private computer and internet access.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Pro bono bookkeeper application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper for 1 to 5 hours per fortnight via Pro Bono Australia.