About the role
Children’ Ground is a not for profit organisation creating a different future for children, families and communities experiencing the greatest levels of disadvantage and inequity in Australia. Childrens’ Ground is currently working in Central Australia and Arnhem Land, in remote communities and outstations. We have offices in Melbourne, Alice Springs and outside of Darwin
Children’s Ground is always looking for ways to develop small businesses to provide employment for First Nation people and income to the organisation.
We are seeking a person to:
- Research and identify potential small business opportunities particularly in the Children’s Ground locations in Central Australia and the Top End
- Prepare a feasibility analysis in regards to the potential opportunities taking into consideration industry trends and resources available in the locations.
- Research and identify small business grants/funding that may be accessed in the locations.
- Provide a report to Children’s Ground.
It is desired that the successful volunteer will have the following skills and experience:
- Able to think outside the square
- Previous experience in operating a small business desirable
- Established Networks would always be of help but not essential
- Research and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Financial and business acumen
Location of the role is flexible with undertaking of the task able to be conducted offsite.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Business Development via Pro Bono Australia.