About the Role
Our partner is an ethical everyday clothing social business committed to providing their staff with viable employment because they believe that people have the right to work in a safe environment, with fair compensation, and feel happy to go to work every day.
They are looking for an experienced Financial Consultant to support the development of procedures and provide training to their staff.
The organisation was founded on the basis that charity perhaps is not the best way to assist communities; rather, offering locals the opportunity to earn an income and make independent life choices. Their staff are women who are genuinely facing barriers to employment – some did not get through education, some have come out of garment factories and wanted a safer environment to work in, and some were keen on breaking away from the sex trade. The organisation provides training allowing employees to meet the needs of their families, primarily including health and education.
You will be the fifth volunteer on assignment at this organisation. Our partner has requested the following support:
• Assessing their stock taking, recording and processing procedures to help improve efficiency, documentation, staff capacity and address common problems.
• Making recommendations, implementing new procedures and building templates.
• Training supervisors to review bottom level expenditure; set departmental budgets and understand how to report on these; review stock levels by sales location; and more effectively plan, order and allocate.
• Training Management to be able to understand key numbers and snapshots; to review margins and understand how to increase profits; strategise sales channels; and set annual budgets and projections.
• Helping staff understand the link between stock recording, the value of their stock and the impact that inaccuracies/mistakes can have.
Dates and length of placement
4 – 6 weeks
Accommodation and other information
Our partner is able to cover the cost of your tourist visa and contribute towards your accommodation.
This voluntary assignment is a unique opportunity to apply your professional skills in an international development setting, significantly contribute to the support and development of local staff and have a lasting impact. If you are a qualified accountant, looking to make a difference and gain relevant international experience to help you transition into the sector, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: CAMBODIA | Financial Consultant @ Social Enterprise | 4-6 weeks via Pro Bono Australia.