About the role
About the Organisation
The Canberra Rape Crisis Centre (CRCC) is a non-government, not for profit, feminist organisation working to eliminate sexual violence against women, young people, children, families and men.
About the role
Combine your strong connection with your local community with the opportunity to make a positive difference through voluntary Board membership.
The Board member will work with the Chair, other Board members and management to ensure that CRCC conducts its operations in a manner that is in accordance with the mission and values of CRCC and conforms with relevant laws and is consistent with the CRCC constitution.
- Governance and oversight of the CRCC’s budget and finances, and audit reports
- Deliver trusted advice, within the applicant specific field of expertise, to the Chair, the board and the CEO to implement the CRCC’s strategic plan
- Provide strategic oversight of organisational governance and risk management
- Clearly understand the Board’s responsibilities and fiduciary duties
- Contribute to the board’s organisational performance and strategy development
- Partner with the Chair, the CEO, and other Board Members to ensure that Board resolutions are implemented
Skills and Experience
We are looking for people who have some of the following skills or experience:
- Accounting and/or Finance
- Previous governance or senior management experience
- A working knowledge and understanding of the work of the community services sector
- Sound conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Government or Corporate Relations, Community Services/Social Services, Grants management, Legal Sector, Human Resources, Stakeholder Management.
Successful applicants will be active community members with the ability to provide leadership and strategic vision to the CRCC. They will build strong stakeholder relationships, have sound working knowledge of governance systems and frameworks and bring relevant experience to the role. We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced professionals to join our Board. We are particularly looking for Board members with Finance or Accounting backgrounds, and people with relevant experience and abilities to take on the role of Board Treasurer or Secretary.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0419299290
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Canberra Rape Crisis Centre - Board Treasurer and others via Pro Bono Australia.