About the role
About the opportunity
CatholicCare is supported by an Advisory Council. The role of the Advisory council is to provide advice and recommendations to the Executive Director on broad issues including (but not limited to) Strategic Directions, Risk Management, Operations, Financial Performance and other areas.
We are seeking volunteers who are interested in becoming a valued member of this council to introduce new ideas and provide a broader base of experience, using accumulated career expertise. By applying for this opportunity, you are committed to the following:
- Keeping up to date with all Council papers
- Attendance at Advisory Council Meetings (usually 4 per year) and an Annual Strategic Planning day
- Possible requirement to attend Sub-Committee meetings and Advisory Council initiatives that contribute to the Strategic Direction of CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay.
Please note that the attendance of meetings may be via teleconference when required, however face to face attendance is preferred for majority of meetings that take place. Meetings will be held in Pennant Hills, Sydney. The member position officially commences in February 2022.
Please find attached CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay’s Gift of Hope Strategic Directions. The Annual Report 2021 is available upon request.
If you are interested in this opportunity to utilise your experience in making a difference in the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered for this opportunity, you will require:
- Appropriate expertise and a willingness to contribute to Advisory Council meetings (skills and experience in areas of community brand development and marketing, sponsorship marketing and attainment, asset and risk management or working in a not-for-profit organisation would be highly regarded)
- A positive communication style with outstanding integrity
- A commitment to Catholic Care’s Core Values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice
- A cleared Working With Children Check and be willing to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
Applicants will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment. You will also be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status or medical contraindication certificate as part of your recruitment /interview process.
About the organisation
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
How to apply
How to apply
If you are interested in making a contribution to the work of CatholicCare through membership of our Advisory Council, please provide a Cover Letter addressing why you would like to be considered for this opportunity as well as your relevant experience.
Apply Now via the following link:
No recruitment agencies please
Please quote in application: CatholicCare Advisory Council Opportunity via Pro Bono Australia.