About the role
*Please note, we are advertising this role with discretion and therefore not publicly disclosing our organisation. We look forward to receiving your expression of interest, or interest on behalf of a friend or colleague, where we can share more details with you regarding our organisation. This role is volunteer, however there is potential to change the scope and nature of the role*
We are a pro bono consulting firm that brings together not-for-profits, consulting, professionals and students to create a real impact on social issues around the world.
We strive to deliver three unique value propositions to our 3 key stakeholders through our high-quality consulting services:
- Not for profits– we can bring fresh perspectives, industry best practice, staff augmentation and access to networks to allow not-for-profits to rapidly overcome their most pressing issues, all at zero cost to the organisation
- University Students and Graduates– we provide the most talented students and graduates an opportunity to use their academic knowledge and skills outside of the classroom whilst proven industry professionals help build their leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experienced consultants– we provide experienced consultants with a unique avenue to apply their existing skill set to make a genuine impact on students and the community, experiencing personal and professional growth in the process.
We currently operate within Australia (predominantly Melbourne), however our Board members, volunteers, clients and advisers are all around the world.Our Head Quarters provides guidance, tools and expertise to our branches as well as developing tools, systems and processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
The CEO sits within the HQ of our organisation and is responsible for providing leadership, developing and implementing our strategic and business plans, leading on partnership and business development, and being an effective advocate for our organisation internally and externally.
The CEO will also provide operational management and financial control and ensure good governance across all aspects of the organisation as we enter an exciting period of transformation, aspiring to greatly increase our social impact and reach in Australia and eventually across the globe.
The CEO would be expected to execute the above through consultation and management of our 3 key stakeholder groups that are responsible for the overall success of the organisation (Not for profits, students and consultants).
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to lead an award winning, innovative organisation to the next level of National and International growth
- Meaningful opportunity to shape the NFP and social sector in Australia, and globally.
- Opportunity to work with and mentor future leaders – our high-performing young professionals who comprise the executive team
- Opportunity to work alongside a diverse and high achieving Board of Directors who are open to change / transformation and keen to explore new ideas
- Networking and relationship building opportunities, including but not limited to our various partnerships/sponsorships with professional consulting firms and universities
- Professional development opportunities such as leadership training (we are open to offering other forms of development for the right candidate)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing overall organisational strategy, business plans and budgets for consideration by the board and, to the extent approved by the board, implementing these plans, budgets and strategies
- Ensuring the organisations operations and finances are within the parameters set by the board and that the board is kept informed of material developments in the organisations affairs, operations and finances
- Drive strategic and cultural alignment across all areas of the organisation
- Provide strong and clear leadership and coaching internally to the organisation and its people. Please note the role is likely to be supported by 1-2 part-time volunteers to assist with execution
- Promote and actively pursue opportunities to build the organisations brand through presentation and building of relationships
- Provide management oversight and responsibility across the organisation (at a HQ level) to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the organisation
Desired Competencies and Attributes
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven record of achievement in a senior position within a charity/not for profit organisation and/or in a corporate environment for at least three years
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing staff
- Inspirational leadership, management and motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to persuade and influence a range of stakeholders (such as senior stakeholders at corporates and NFPs, and branch volunteers who are mostly high-performing University students and graduates)
- Strong financial acumen and outstanding business development skills
- Strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector. Strong existing networks in this sector preferable but not required
- A deep passion for creating genuine impact for clients and building the next generation of future leaders
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in learning more about this opportunity including more information about the organisation. To express interest in the role please contact email@example.com.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0451659462
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: CEO via Pro Bono Australia.