About the Role
Our small WA charity is looking for someone with availability of 4-10 hours a fortnight to fill a pro bono CEO/ED position in our organisation, helping us to increase and secure annual fundraising and donation income, as well as helping us to achieve funded staff positions.
This position calls for excellent communication skills as you will be the face of our organisation with all external stakeholders. There are no set hours and, aside from in-person engagement with external stakeholders, this role is able to be fully carried out from your own home.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
- Utilize your skills and connections to increase opportunities for our organisation.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders surrounding corporate sponsorships and fundraising activities, helping us to increase our annual fundraising and donor income.
- Represent our organisation on grant and funding applications, liaise with funders, foundations, philanthropists, and some donors, and assisting us to seek funding for staffing and programs.
- Spokesperson for ad hoc media, branding, and awareness related activities as they arise.
- Develop and oversee implementation of the strategic plan.
- Seek out funding opportunities for the CEO/ED role to become a paid part time role.
- Current or previous CEO/ED experience in a not for profit, and/or in a corporate role with skills and achievements relevant to the above responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with willingness to be in media and attend stakeholder meetings.
- Sound understanding of marketing and public relations.
- Strategic thinking, financial acumen, and contemporary leadership skills.
- Proven experience in governance, and understanding of the board/CEO relationship and best practice.
- Have recent character references for a related position.
- Can submit a cover letter outlining some of your achievements that will be relevant to our organisation and this position.
Please note, this is an unpaid voluntary / pro bono position of a few hours a fortnight on a casual basis. We understand that you will have a part time or full time job elsewhere, and so are just asking for a few hours that you can give to our cause outside of that. As such, this advertised pro bono role is weighted toward focusing on external stakeholder communications rather than being involved in day-to-day operations and other responsibilities that a CEO/ED would normally also oversee and be paid for.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Pro bono CEO/ED position application (Pro Bono Australia)
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: CEO/ED (pro bono/voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.