About the Role
What we are looking for
We have done a lot of growing over the last couple of years! And to make sure we continue being effective in making an impact we are searching for a Chair to lead our board in this time of growth and development.
We really aren’t asking for much…
On a personal level you are an all round legend, someone who loves a challenge, a disruptive thinker and a natural leader. But most of all you really care about empowering refugee & migrant kids.
On a professional level you have – Strategic experience working within an environment of uncertainty; – Well connected and able to use those networks for fundraising and advocacy purposes; – You think different to the status quo & have proven experience creating innovative solutions.
Our Chair will have extensive skills and knowledge in at least a couple of the following areas:
– Strategic expertise: the ability to guide and review strategy through constructive questioning and suggestion.
– Fundraising: experience and success with the dynamics of fundraising.
– NFP industry knowledge: passion for the cause, experience in similar organisations and sectors.
– Health or Social Work: background in working within health or social services – Accounting and finance: the ability to read and comprehend the NFP’s accounts, financial material presented to the board (any financial reporting requirement) and some understanding of the organisation’s financial drivers/funding and business model.
– Legal: the board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding an individual director’s legal duties and responsibilities.
– Managing risk: experience in managing areas of major risk to the organisation. – Human resources: Managing people and achieving change.
Key Selection Criteria:
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
– Passionate about the mission of RMCC and the rights of refugee & migrant children;
– At least 10 years of professional experience;
– Proactive, driven and likes getting stuff done;
– Previous board experience;
– Able to support management by providing advice, counsel and decisions regarding various governance matters;
– Attention to detail, ability to prioritize issues and investigate anomalies as they arise;
– Willingness to initiate continuous improvement;
– Can commit to the responsibilities of a board member and Chair;
– Able to attend monthly board meetings and commit six to eight hours monthly to execute any board meeting action items.
For full position description you can visit:
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : (03)90285255
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Chair via Pro Bono Australia.