About the role
Oaktree is one of Australia’s largest youth-run organisations. We are governed and guided by our Board of Directors, who bring a breadth of experience and skills from diverse professional backgrounds. The Board’s work, from setting organisational strategy through to ensuring its effective implementation, directly shapes Oaktree’s capacity for impact and future growth.
We are seeking an individual to join our Board of Directors and serve as Chair of our Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee.
As a member of our Board, you’ll play a key role in the governance of the organisation, serving as a custodian of Oaktree’s mission and values, and ensuring compliance and effective risk management. You’ll join an exceptional team of current Board members, and have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experts in their fields.
Are you someone who:
– Has a passion for promoting young people, justice and human rights
– Values long term solutions to end global poverty, and is committed to facilitating youth-organised change
– Prioritises diversity and inclusivity within organisations
– Strives to always work with humility and integrity
– Holds at least three to five years professional experience in the legal, risk management or compliance (particularly with ACFID or DFAT) domains
– Has experience in non-profit governance or executive management
As a member of Oaktree’s Board, you will be responsible for:
– Ensuring compliance with statutory governance obligations under any relevant laws and regulations
– Organisational adherence to Oaktree’s Constitution, and alignment of strategy with its vision, mission and values
– Holding the CEO and Executive team accountable for effective implementation of the organisational strategy
– Providing the CEO with support, guidance and feedback to ensure their professional effectiveness and development
– Supporting Oaktree’s programs and initiatives through personal involvement, fundraising contributions and/or ambassadorship
– Consistent Board meeting attendance and timely offline engagement
The Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee is responsible for:
– Assuring the Board of organisational compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations
– Overseeing and reviewing the definition of policies and controls to ensure effective management of organisational risk and compliance
– Assuring the Board of the effective implementation of organisational policies and controls for the management of risk and compliance
As a youth-run organisation, one third of our Board must be under the age of 27, and we encourage individuals under 27 to apply.
– Two year term
– On average, about three to four hours a week. The Board and each Sub-Committee meet six to seven times a year, in Melbourne or virtually
This is an ongoing recruitment, where applications will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis.. With any questions, please contact Lumi Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Chair of Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee via Pro Bono Australia.