About the role
The Chair will bring:
- Previous Board experience and proven governance skills;
- Expertise in chairing virtual and face to face committees and meetings;
- Exceptional leadership skills including strategic thinking and integrity;
- An understanding of Girl Guides Queensland and issues facing not-for-profit organisations;
- Ability to work collaboratively and drive outcomes with volunteers;
- Refined written and verbal communication skills, and a strong drive for success;
- Deep expertise and experience in financial and risk management skills;
- Knowledge and experience in strategic business planning and delivery, consensus building and organisational development, change management, policy writing, dealing with government departments, legal understanding will be highly regarded.
About the organisation
Do you have a passion for developing girls and young women? An exciting opportunity exists to lead Girl Guides Queensland through the next phase of its development.
Girl Guides Queensland has a long history in Australia and celebrated its centenary year in 2019, with a membership of over 4,800 women and girls. The Covid-19 pandemic has dramatically impacted the way Guiding is delivered throughout Queensland. Guiding is rising to the challenge, to evolve and modernise, and the Board has developed its next five-year strategic plan to commence in 2022, to consolidate guiding’s strengths. Girl Guides Queensland is seeking a Board Chair (of flexible location) to advance this implementation. The Board Chair leads the Board comprising State Commissioner, CEO, Chair of Finance and elected and co-opted Directors. Girl Guides Queensland Board provides the governance and strategic leadership required to successfully deliver on Girl Guides Queensland’s Mission and Strategic Plan. The Board Chair position is voluntary and a significant contributor to Girl Guides Queensland’s collaborative leadership team, along with the State Commissioner and CEO.
Girl Guides Queensland’s mission is “Empower girls and young women to discover their potential as leaders of their world”. Girl Guides Queensland’s purpose is to amplify the voice of girls and young women nationally though girl-led programs championing fun, friendship and adventure within a strong child safe, child friendly environment. Girl Guiding empowers girls and young women to find their voice and discover their potential, explore possibilities and make a genuine difference in their world.
How to apply
The Girl Guides Queensland Chair is elected by the Board. The appointment term is for two years with the potential for a second two-year term up to a maximum term of four years. It is not a prerequisite to be a current member of Girl Guides Queensland, but a strong interest in the values of the organisation d preparedness to become a member, will be highly regarded. Girl Guides Queensland embraces diversity and inclusion.
Applications can be made by providing your CV and a cover letter addressing your skill, expertise and interest via email to the Company Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). An information package, including a detailed Position description, can be obtained by visiting GGQ website or contacting the Company Secretary. Closing Date Monday 25/10/21 COB
Please quote in application: Chair of the Board via Pro Bono Australia.