About the role
Our grassroots food rescue and community meals charity is looking for a capable and passionate Chairperson. The Chairperson will lead Open Table and its Board in providing leadership, stewardship and strategic governance to the organisation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Open Table’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. The ideal Chairperson will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the not-for-profit sector.
- Serves as the lead of the organisation
- Ensures the effective action of the board in governing and supporting the organisation, and oversees board affairs
- Provides leadership to the Board, who sets policy and to whom the GM is accountable
- Acts as the representative of the board as a whole
- Ensures the proper orientation of new board members
- Partners with the GM in achieving the organisation’s mission
- Formally evaluates the performance of the GM and informally evaluates the effectiveness of board members
- Evaluates annually the performance of the organisation in achieving its mission
- Speaks to the media and the community on behalf of the organisation
- Represents the organisation in the community
- Chairs meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the Secretary and GM
- Appoints the chairpersons of sub-committees, in consultation with other Board members
- Serves ex officio as a member of sub-committees and attends their meetings when invited
- Stays in touch with chairpersons to be sure that their work is carried out
- Conveys information to and discusses issues confronting the organisation with the GM
- Reviews with the GM any issues of concern to the Board
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Chair of the Board via Pro Bono Australia.