About the role
Empowered Together are youth run and seek to engage this generation to lead the change. Our two main operations include running workshops on consent and sexual assault in secondary schools and engaging the wider community through our online platforms.
As the CFO, you will be a part of our executive team and lead the finance team. Your key responsibility will be to manage the financial sustainability and risk of the organisation and contribute to growth.
Your duties will be:
● Work with our executive team to compile financial documents such as annual financial reports and quarterly reports
● Invoice schools and ensure reimbursement to facilitators
● Provide financial management and support to the wider organisation
● Maintain the financial integrity, transparency and accountability of the organisation
● Contribute as an Executive Member by attending Executive Meetings, engaging in organisational strategy and attending networking events
● Act as the liaison with external financial agencies such as the Australian Tax Office (ATO) as Public Officer
● Work with the executive team to explore and diversify the organisation’s sources of income (e.g. grant applications, sponsorships etc.)
● Manage and lead the finance team
We are looking for someone who:
● Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual violence
● Has financial knowledge either through studies or work experience
● Is independent and diligent in their work
● Works well in a team and is also comfortable in the leadership role
● Has a strong attention to detail and is well organised
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
As Chief Financial Officer, you will have the opportunity to:
● Gain invaluable practical experience by working in all aspects of the financial framework of a registered non-profit
● Develop an understanding of financial integrity, sustainability, reporting and transparency
● Attend events on behalf of Empowered Together and work with our expert advisory board members
● Work with a dedicated group of young individuals
● Gain leadership experience leading the finance team and as part of the executive team
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) via Pro Bono Australia.