About the role
This is a senior leadership role which may sound daunting, however, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience volunteering with a well established not-for-profit organisation. Above all, we are looking for someone who shares our vision for consent education and the primary prevention of sexual assault and is willing to implement their ideas, and listen to others to keep our goals on track.
The COO is primarily responsible for:
– Workshop products – maintaining a high standard of existing workshops and
developing new workshops where necessary
– Facilitator Management – ensuring there are trained, competent facilitators to run
workshops in school and recruiting new facilitators as needed
– Technology – ensuring the smooth running of the IT team as well as general
maintenance of our online platforms such as our website
– People and product management – Identify what skills and capabilities are
necessary for strong performance, recruit these skills where necessary, and
capably manage individuals to ensure high engagement is maintained.
– Executive engagement – Attend executive team meetings and actively engage with
– Strategic thinking – Use strategic planning and thinking to execute on the key
responsibilities in a sustainable manner
– Any other reasonable task compatible with the candidate’s skills and experience as
directed by the CEO to meet strategic organisational objectives.
We are looking for someone who:
– Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual assault
– Has strong alignment of values with Empowered Together’s mission
– Has strong leadership skills and experience leading a team
– Understands the culture of volunteer and youth led organisations
– Understands the critical issues associated with sexual violence such as gender
inequality, consent and entitlement
– Is organised and able to balance this role with other commitments
– Manages their time well and is organised
– Works well in a team both in management and in collaboration with the executive
– Prior experience in website maintenance and management
– Prior business management experience
What you get out of it:
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together. Joining our Executive Team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence. As Chief Operating Officer, you will have the irreplaceable opportunity to help lead a passionate youth organisation and gain valuable experience as a leader. As COO, you will have the opportunity to:
– Gain practical experience in the education and not-for-profit sector and as a leader
– Represent Empowered Together at events and conferences
– Take initiative and make a valuable contribution to the organisation and primary
prevention sector of sexual violence
– Make valuable connections with Board members, stakeholders and volunteers
– Meet and work with like-minded individuals passionate about the prevention of
Around 10-20 hours a week. The role is flexible as most of the work is done remotely and in your own time. The successful applicant will be expected to commit to the role for two years. This is critical as a stable executive team is necessary for the long term success of the organisation.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer via Pro Bono Australia.