About the Role
We are on the hunt for a passionate and motivated leader to join Empowered Together’s Executive Team.
Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual assault. Our vision is a world where sexual integrity is respected and sexual violence is taken seriously.
We are youth focused and seek to engage this generation to lead the change. Our two main operations include running workshops on consent and sexual assault in secondary schools and engaging the wider community through our online platforms.
The key duties will include:
• Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of different types of schools
• Meet with school staff to secure workshop bookings
• Deliver successful workshops in schools
• Work with the executive team to create new workshop content and updates to existing workshops
• Manage volunteers within the school team, including regular check-ins
• Attend executive meetings and contribute to the overall leadership and strategy of the organisation
• Represent Empowered Together at events
We are looking for someone who:
• Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual assault
• Has a background or a keen interest in education
• Understands the critical issues associated with sexual violence such as gender inequality, consent and entitlement
• Takes initiative and is driven to complete objectives with minimum supervision
• Has strong leadership skills
• Is organised and able to balance this role with other commitments
We are expecting a commitment of 10-15 hours per week for a minimum of a year.
This is flexible but will require you to be available during school hours at times to take meetings and contact schools.
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our Executive Team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual assault.
As Chief Schools Officer, you will have the opportunity to:
• Gain practical experience in the education sector
• Meet school staff and build your network within the education and primary prevention fields
• Represent Empowered Together at events and conferences
• Meet and work with like-minded individuals passionate about the prevention of sexual assault
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Executive Officer, Rena Ou Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org. She also happy to answer any questions or queries at this address.
All applications are due by Sunday, 4th February 2018.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Rena Ou Yang
Phone : 0423679699
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Chief School Officer via Pro Bono Australia.