About the Role
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities.
We are currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in sport administration to become the Club Tennis Manager.
The Tennis Manager is responsible not only for coordinating communication within the sport participants, but also arranging trips to inter club competitions and assisting with arranging/running Tennis competitions that are held in Canberra.
The role ensures that club training and competitions are organized according to the schedule, at a high standard and adhere to the SOI sports rules. The role will also provide required support and advice to the tennis coaches and assistants within the club.
The ideal candidate will have experience in tennis, sports management / development experience along with strong relationship building skills.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in sports coaching and/or management
• Current Level 1 (or equivalent) Coaching Certificate in Tennis
• Proven experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholders
• Current Class C driver’s license
• Previous competition experience in tennis
Competencies / Skills required:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management ability
• Strong computer literacy and capability to maintain accurate records
Minimum 1 year
Approximately 2 hours per week.
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Club Manager Tennis – Greater Canberra Club via Pro Bono Australia.