About the role
The Club Treasurer is responsible for providing sound financial management, governance and administrative support to ensure the club is able to deliver on its development objectives.
Operationally, the Treasurer is responsible for the accurate accounting of monies received by the Club, including all related banking activities.
This role will be perfect for university students looking to gain accounting experience / experienced accountants looking to give back to their community!
Time: 1-4hrs a month cumulative depending on how busy the club is (virtually at anytime).
Commencement: February 2022
- Maintain and provide club financial reports as requested
- Keep a proper record of all payments and monies received
- Maintain an accurate register of assets
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in recognised accounting principles
- Good time management skills
- Computer literacy and capability to maintain accurate records
- Microsoft Excel skills (desirable but not necessary)
- Hands on experience with Xero or similar accounting software packages (desirable but not necessary)
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- No experience required
- Previous experience as a treasurer in a comparable organisation (desirable but not necessary)
- Previous experience with a not for profit or disability organisation (desirable but not necessary)
- Hold or studying towards a CA or CPA qualification (desirable but not necessary)
- To be responsible for the receipt and payment of monies on behalf of the Club
- To ensure the club complies with relevant accounting standards
- To prepare and present financial reports and statements as required by the Club
- To maintain a register of assets held by the Club
- Attend treasurer meetings as required
WHAT YOU GET:
- Full training provided by qualified CA working at BIG 4
- Fulfilling volunteer work with small time commitment
- Board and accounting experience
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Please note that a police check and working with children’s check will be required, but will be paid by the club if you are successful in securing the role.
About the organisation
Providing fortnightly sports training and regular competition for people with an intellectual disability.
More information will be provided during interview!
How to apply
Please send an email expressing your interest to the role.
You will be contacted for an interview by the current treasurer.
Resume not required (but you can attach if you want).
Please quote in application: Club Treasurer / Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.