About the role
South Kingsville Community Centre is looking for a new Committee of Management general board member.
Skilled, community focused persons are sought for the voluntary committee of Management positions at the centre.
The community centre offers various services from occasional care, Learn Local programs, venue hire and other educational programs.
The centre is looking forward to expanding these programs and creating a more sustainable centre.
The Committee of Management meets every third Monday of the month.
Overview of the board responsibilities
- Legal and financial accountability
- Strategic vision and objectives
Expectations of committee members:
- Attend and participate in meetings regularly ( once a month)
- Attendance at special events as able.
- Help communicate and promote SKCC mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with SKCC finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of SKCC
- Participate in development, review and approval of the organisation’s Strategic Plan, Policies and other consequential arrangements (Business Plan, Marketing Plan, etc.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- complete a criminal record check and Working with Children Check
- Understanding, knowledge of and commitment to governance, strategy, finance and risk
- Links to the area or community, including an awareness of needs
- An understanding of the elements of managing and/or funding for a social purpose-driven, not for profit organisation, Learn Local Organisation, which also undertakes, child care and community education.
- An awareness of the needs of people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience or involvement in community agencies or services to the community will be valued
About the organisation
South Kingsville Community Centre is a Not For Profit Organisation. It was formed in 1993 when the City of Footscray set up a steering committee. A grant from the Westgate Baptist Community enabled the employment of a Coordinator. Over the years, SKCC has developed and grown into a vibrant facility providing a range of services and programs for the community. The City of Hobsons Bay owns the building. However, the Centre is managed by a volunteer Board of Management, which comprises of members from the local community and groups based at the Centre.
SKCC provides a range of services for people from birth to mature age, including maternal and child health, kindergarten, occasional childcare, playgroup, senior citizens activities, social, educational and recreational programs, and information and referral services. The facilities are available to the community and commercial groups for functions and are well utilised for this purpose. Everyone is welcome to drop in for an activity or class, lend a hand or just have a cuppa.
How to apply
Applications and enquiries by email to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Commitee of Management General Member via Pro Bono Australia.