About the role
National Opera is a nationally incorporated association and registered charity under the Australian Not-for-Profit and Charities Commission. We operate as a Committee with up to nine members.
National Opera is holding its Annual General Meeting in November for the following 9 – 12 months period. We are seeking interested people preferably with executive level experience, particularly in the areas of marketing, fundraising and business development. We have up to three positions available.
In consultation with the General Manager and other Board members, the duties of Board members will include:
- assisting in a particular area of National Opera operations in a volunteer capacity, this may be in marketing or publicity, fundraising or philanthropy or business development. [Time commitment – between 1 and 3 hours per week]
- attend 6 weekly Board meetings (either in person (when allowed) or virtually) [Time commitment 2 hours]
- respond to emails from time to time [Time commitment Ad hoc]
- assist at National Opera events whenever possible doing things such as ushering, tickets, serving food/drink [Time commitment Ad hoc]
We need people who are:
- passionate to see professional opera grow in Canberra.
- willing to get in and help occasionally
- keen to help a local start-up arts organisation provide opportunities for artists of all forms in Canberra, gain employment by producing opera.
About the organisation
National Opera provides opportunities for Australian artists to develop and perform their craft in a supportive environment of professionalism, collaboration and inclusion, through the performance genre of opera. Through our vision we are fostering a national and local community of opera enthusiasts and building a sustainable organisation to support the opera artists of the future. Under the artistic leadership of Peter Coleman-Wright AO, we live our values in how we work and the work we do. Our values are Professional, Collaborative, Inclusive, and Sustainable.
More information about the Company can be found via our website www.nationalopera.org.au.
How to apply
Please apply with a short pitch of why you are interested and what you would bring to the role. In addition please send a CV with at least one reference.
Please quote in application: Committee / Board Members (Up to three positions available) via Pro Bono Australia.