About the Role
Our organisation is seeking a handful of talented and skilled individuals to join our committee of management (board) and assist our organisation in our strategic aims and objectives. Individuals with corporate or nonprofit experience in fundraising, marketing, strategic growth and networking will be highly favoured.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
10 hours per month for meetings and committee related email correspondence.
Committee meetings are usually every 4 to 8 weeks, and will usually be held in an evening or on a weekend.
- Promote the organisation in the community as opportunities arise.
- Participate enthusiastically in any fundraising.
- Assist with seeking funding and grants, and working towards funding for paid staff.
- Optimise the organisation’s performance and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Following good governance and contributing as a team member.
- Contributing to strategic planning.
- Contribute to an annual review of the performance of the board and take steps to improve its performance.
HANDS ON ROLE:
As we have no paid staff and are low on volunteers, if you would like to take specific tasks and projects under your wing and assist with those in addition to your committee position and governance role, then that hands-on approach and enthusiasm to contribute on a practical level will be well received.
Additional time and assistance with research, planning and applying for grants is welcome, as well as contributions assisting with funding and fundraising projects. Those with additional skills and enthusiasm to assist with public relations, media, and advocacy projects are also sought.
Some committee members also contribute to volunteering tasks like events and seminars, newsletters, researching and drafting content, and other tasks that they have an interest in or where some extra hands are needed. This suits those who want some variety and have varied interests.
- High level of commitment to the work of the organisation.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance.
- A time commitment of 10 hours per month (for correspondence, meeting preparation and attendance time).
- Preparation for and participation in the discussions and the deliberations of the committee.
- Being informed of the organisation’s services and publicly supporting them.
- Being alert to and avoiding any conflict of interest.
One year. All committee positions become vacated at the annual AGM and can be renewed for another term.
Located in Nedlands on the SCGH grounds. Centre for Neurological Support, The Niche, 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands WA 6009.
We allow remote based volunteering for those located elsewhere in WA or interstate.
Applications are accepted year-round for all positions – President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, and x6 ordinary committee members.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Committee Member position (Pro Bono Australia)
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Committee (board) members via Pro Bono Australia.