About the role
Skate Australia High-Performance Skateboarding Committee
From July 1st 2021, the Board of Skate Australia seeks to establish the High Performance Committee to oversee the management of the Skate Australia high performance program for Skateboarding.
The High Performance Committee’s role is to ensure Skate Australia delivers an enhanced and sustainable Skateboarding high-performance program.
The High Performance Committee is accountable to the Skate Australia Board and also answerable
to relevant stakeholders who are investing in the Skateboarding high performance program, including the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), National Institute Network (NIN) members and the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC).
Purpose of HP Committee
Perform the functions of Skate Australia relating to leadership, direction and oversight of high performance;
Functions of HP Committee
The functions of the committee include:
- Develop, implement and monitor the high performance plan;
- Ensure the best Australian athletes who are members of Skate Australia qualify and are eligible to compete in high performance events;
- Manage high performance decisions including, but not limited to, athlete support, training, camps, coaching and selections (for individuals, support or teams) related to high performance events;
- Identify and implement arrangements, plans and governing documentation for each athlete to ensure the best chance of success in their relevant high performance event;
- Support members of Skate Australia that may be developing athletes within a high performance discipline (street and park) to compete, or soon compete, in high performance Events;
- Provide direction and reporting on all high performance matters;
- Work with Skate Australia and other stakeholders to develop athletes able to compete successfully in high performance events;
Chair key responsibilities
- Lead and manage meetings considering the specific roles and expertise of members within the recommended High Performance Committee structure;
- Facilitating the effective functioning of the High Performance Committee including managing the conduct, frequency and length of committee meetings;
- Communicating the views of the High Performance Committee , in conjunction with the Skate Australia Executive officer, to the organisation’s members, key stakeholders and to the public
- Setting the agenda for the matters to be considered by the High Performance Committee and seeking to ensure that the information provided is relevant, accurate, timely and sufficient to support good decision making
Committee Chair qualifications and personal attributes
Skate Australia Board is seeking a Skateboarding HP Committee Chair that has:
- Extensive high performance sport knowledge;
- Sports legal and or corporate governance experience;
- An independent personality;
- The ability to manage meetings with discipline;
- Experience in appointing and leading other independent members; and
- The ability to foster a culture of collaboration and accountabilit
HP Committee Composition
- One Independent Chairperson
- Two persons from the relevant Discipline (Street & Park), with comprehensive technical expertise
- Two persons with considerable high-performance delivery expertise translatable to an HP Committee
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Committee Chair Skate Australia High-Performance Skateboarding via Pro Bono Australia.