About the role
TreeProject is a not-for-profit organisation that assists landholders to revegetate their land by recruiting urban volunteers to grow indigenous seedlings in their backyards. TreeProject’s charitable arm allows landholders to access to low cost seedlings that will help improve the environment and create habitat for wildlife, while giving urban people an opportunity to make a real difference to the environment. Landholders under this arm of the organisation are provided seedlings for the cost of the growing supplies.
TreeProject requires a Business Development Coordinator to develop income streams that will
support TreeProject’s charitable revegetation activities. The Business Development Coordinator will research, develop and build partnerships that will result in new business opportunities with Local Councils, industry, and government contractors that require seedlings for revegetation work and are interested in enhancing their project with community involvement.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters business. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance on business opportunities that incorporates the TreeProjct’s vision and culture.
The Business Development Coordinator will liaise with the TreeProject Project Manager and Committee members and report to the Committee at the monthly meetings.
The role is a voluntary position and applicants should be expected to complete up to 4 hours per week.
The Business Development Leader will also take a watching Brief on the maintenance of the TreeProject Brand and Image.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Must have proven track record in professional approach to creating development strategies, writing briefs and submissions with the ability and skills to turn them into actionable plans.
- Must have communication skills to turn concepts into actionable plans.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team which may include volunteers with a wide variety of skills and interests
- Possess a high-level of commercial acumen and excellent stakeholder management skills
- Be creative in approach to corporate partnerships – seeking truly collaborative and sustainable outcomes
- Must have communication skills to turn into actionable plans with limited operational and financial support.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the TreeProject committee. Committee meetings are the 2nd Thursday of the month from 5:00 to 7:00.\ ion the CBD. Work will comprise approximately 2-5 hours per week.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter and a current resume.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Committee Member Business Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.