About the role
TreeProject is a not-for-profit organisation that assists landholders to revegetate their land by recruiting urban volunteers to grow indigenous seedlings in their backyards. TreeProject’s allows landholders to access to low cost seedlings that will help improve the environment and create habitat for wildlife, while giving urban people an opportunity to make a real difference to the environment. Landholders under this arm of the organisation are provided seedlings for the cost of the growing supplies.
TreeProject is seeking an experienced Media professional to manage our media production in print and digital channels. The Media Coordinator will assist in all aspects of planned publicity campaigns and PR activities including newsletters, social media, fundraising campaigns and public presentations.
This role is responsible for:
- developing media plans for activities, events and promotional opportunities
- establishing a regular content development cycle across digital and print communication based on stories generated by our Project Manager
- coordinating volunteers to research, write and layout the quarterly newsletters. (print and online)
- establishing a process for generating and managing media interest.
- speaking publicly at interviews and presentations
- working in conjunction with the Communication Leader and Project Manager
- report to Committee on a monthly basis
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has or is willing to develop these attributes:
- relevant experience in website and social media strategy, content publishing and development of communication plans
- a love of the environment
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Presentation skills
- ability to work harmoniously in a team environment.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the TreeProject committee. Committee meetings are the 2nd Thursday of the month from 5:00 to 7:00.\ in the CBD. Work will comprise approximately 2-4 hours per week.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter and a current resume.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Committee Member - Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.