About the Role
Exciting opportunity to volunteer on the governance committee of an international development NGO focussed on tackling the root causes of poverty and gender inequality in India and Cambodia
- Organisation: Assisi Aid Projects – assisi.org.au
- Time: flexible hours with a minimum commitment of 4-8 hours per month
- Committee meetings held quarterly in Melbourne and/or by Skype
- All Committee members are also expected to actively contribute to one or more sub committees (Fundraising and Risk; Strategy and Programs; and Fundraising and Communications)
- Initial appointment may be to a sub-committee based upon individual experience and time commitment preferences
- Commitment: 2-3 years
- Contact: Chloe Reynolds Tel: 03 9650 1291, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a small, focussed NGO looking to expand our Board (Committee of Management) through the appointment of two to three new members. As part of a small team actively involved in governance you will have the opportunity to further shape and strengthen our organisation, to deliver our strategy and create a real impact in the communities where we work. This is an exciting time to join Assisi as we look to refresh and develop a new Strategic Plan beyond 2020.
We are seeking professionals with good networks, excellent interpersonal skills, and a willingness to contribute their technical expertise and experience in any of the following areas:
- Not-for-profit governance and leadership
- Fundraising and marketing
- Communications, branding and social media
- International aid and development
- IT and information management
Why Assisi Aid Projects
Assisi Aid Projects was formed in 1985 to provide funding and strategic support to Assisi Farm & Training Centre in the State of Tamil Nadu. From humble beginnings and one person’s vision, Assisi has grown into an effective development and humanitarian aid organisation which focuses its efforts on addressing the root causes of gender inequity. Our vision is for a world in which all people have equal opportunity to determine and achieve their economic and social potential.
Working with partners in India and Cambodia and through funding and other assistance from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), trusts, foundations and our committed personal donors and volunteers, Assisi supports economic and social change by strengthening women’s skills, knowledge and confidence; supporting women’s collectives; and addressing systemic barriers to gender equality.
In Cambodia, Assisi currently supports work in the province of Kampong Chhnang. In India, Assisi supports work in 4 districts and 50 villages in Tamil Nadu with a focus on women’s advocacy and income generation through self-help groups, children’s tuition and disaster risk reduction.
Assisi is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and is a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct.
As a smaller NGO Assisi offers Committee of Management members the opportunity to provide tangible input and support to our small team and volunteers. We are particularly keen to receive applications from proactive individuals with problem solving mindsets who are interested in using their skillset to provide hands on support in delivering our strategy.
Expressions of interest:
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining the reason for your interest, plus your CV.
Email to: email@example.com
- For further information about Assisi visit our website assisi.org.au or phone 03 9650 1291
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AssisiAidProjects/
Closing date for applications: 11th August 2019.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0396501291
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Committee of Management Members via Pro Bono Australia.