About the role
Oaktree is an ambitious not-for-profit, with the mission of empowering young people to lead, demand and create a more just world. We develop programs and volunteering experiences that allow young people to realise their potential and see just what they’re capable of. And as with any organisation, Oaktree needs solid people to make this dream a reality.
In the Community Engagement portfolio, we’re responsible for leading our work that engages with communities across Australia (as the name suggests). This includes fundraising and grassroots campaigning, digital communications, and managing partnerships with external people who support our work.
As a Communications officer, a typical day might look like:
- Working with our communications team to draft and edit compelling copy for our emails, social media or blog;
- Edit and write according to the Oaktree brand and tone;
- Working with the design team to create social media content;
- Create social media content on the fly during events or special occasions;
- Use those creative juices to create engaging content with the wider communications team;
- Write and edit website content and press releases;
- Engage with influencers on a regular basis on behalf of Oaktree.
Who we are looking for:
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills Is capable of working in a fast-paced and agile environment;
- Be flexible and pivot from writing to taking photographs if need be;
- Has a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Has good communication skills and is a team player;
- Has the potential to learn and grow rapidly;
- Is passionate about tackling social injustices.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward
What you will get out of it:
- Craft messages and written content that engage thousands of Oaktree supporters across Australia;
- Help Oaktree increase its impact in making a real and significant impact in its fundraising and political advocacy work;
- Contribute to our communications strategy, gaining insight into the thinking that goes behind the words;
- Gain access to training and development opportunities that will change the way you work;
- Expand your personal and professional network;
- Make an impact in Australia and globally in the movement to end injustice.
Time commitment: 1-2 days a week | This position is voluntary
Applications close: Monday 2nd August 2021 11:59PM
- This role requires individuals to be between 16-26 years of age
- This role requires individuals to complete work onsite (Melbourne) or virtually
About the organisation
Oaktree is young people leading a movement to end extreme poverty. Extreme poverty has already been halved and together we can end it.
How to apply
Please apply via the respective link on: https://www.oaktree.org/join-our-team
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.