About the Role
We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated volunteer who is passionate about women’s rights to fill an opening as Communications Officer at HerSpace. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation that supports women and girls impacted by sexual exploitation.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
– Assist in the development and management of fundraising and awareness campaigns. Examples would include: crowdfunding, event and end-of-year online campaigns.
– Help maintain website and social media content to ensure these platforms reflect recent updates and contain relevant information.
– Assist in the planning and execution of strategies to grow the network of supporters.
– Advise other team members on developing program and communication materials as needed.
The role is 10 hours a week and the duration of position is 12 months (with a possible ongoing role that can be discussed at end of this project term).
Ability to plan and manage multi-channel marketing and fundraising campaigns, including: email, social media and direct mail.
Knowledge of crowdfunding campaign promotion and media development.
Experience working with fundraising and event promotion including follow up communications to develop donor relationships.
Excellent copywriting and editing skills for printed and digital collateral pieces
Experience working within the not-for-profit sector, preferably with a small organisation.
Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp and Google Docs.
Experience working with media, pitching stories or writing and distributing press releases.
To apply for this role, follow these steps.
1. Please complete a cover letter responding to the Key Selection Criteria of the position, and send it with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the job title as the subject line.
2. Please be sure to address the Key Selection Criteria in your covering letter with tangible examples of your experience
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.