About the Role
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking to appoint an individual to maintain and develop the Rotary presence within St Jude’s and to maintain and develop the links between St Jude’s and Rotary in East Africa in general.
• Coordinate weekly EarlyAct Club Meeting
• Mentor and support the Interact Club at their weekly meetings
• Participate in the St Jude’s Rotaract Club
• Attend meetings of the Rotary Club of Arusha (Wed lunch) and
• Arusha Mount Meru (Mon evening) at least once a month.
• Attendance on a regular basis could be a plus for our relationships.
• Attend the biweekly meetings of the Rotary Club of USA River (Wed evening) to promote the activities of the Interact Club.
• Attend Rotary Intercity training in Dar Es Salaam (March)
• Attend Rotary District Conference and Assembly (2018 Entebbe, 2019 Dar) in May
• Attend Rotaract Officers Training in Dar (April)
• Participate in Rotary Day in Arusha in mid-September
• Attend any other meetings with Rotarians as requested
• Organise and supervise EarlyAct projects (up to 3 a term, during school hours)
• Support the implementation and supervise of Interact projects (up to 8 projects a term) – Most projects take place on Sundays.
• Play an active role in supporting Rotaract projects.
Training and Development:
• Organise yearly EarlyAct/Interact training for club leaders. Could involve other interact clubs in Arusha as well.
• Possibility to organise Interact RYLA every year.
• Coordinate the links between EarlyAct/Interact and Rotaract Clubs at St Jude’s.
• Develop and maintain relationship between Rotary at St Jude’s and Rotary District.
• Work with St Jude’s marketing team to promote the clubs’ activities.
Student Selection (mainly in the second half of the year):
• Help organizing and participate in Student Selection Day
• Help organizing and participate in Student Selection House Checks
• Help in the overall organisation of the Student Selection (logistics, paperwork etc.)
• Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
• Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills and required experience
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal English.
• Ability to work collaboratively with Western and Tanzanian staff to achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Knowledge of Rotary and its components
• Participation in Rotary activities in the past is a must
• Excellent communications and networking skills
• Exceptional attention to details
Attributes you need to be a successful St Jude’s international staff member
• Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
• Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
• Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
HR Department-School of St Jude
Phone : 255755106058
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Community Relations Officer– Rotary Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.