About the Role
Wanted: Community Support Workers
Diamond Valley Community Support (DVCS) is seeking friendly and compassionate people who like helping others and wish to make a positive impact in our local community.
DVCS is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides direct aid, emergency relief, support and information for the people of Greensborough and surrounding areas. DVCS services are free, confidential, impartial and independent. We respect everyone’s right to make their own decisions.
Our Community Support Workers:
• assist vulnerable members of the community in ways that are respectful of diverse life experiences, maintains dignity and encourages self-reliance
• have empathy and a non-judgemental attitude, and
• help disadvantaged people become empowered and make informed choices.
Being a Community Support Worker is a rewarding experience that brings significant value to individuals, families and the local community.
• Assist people in crisis by providing emergency relief which can include distributing food, supermarket vouchers, fuel cards, phone cards, travel cards and other financial assistance.
• Assist people seeking information and/or support by accessing information from brochures or Internet databases
• Identify and assess client requests and needs and provide referral to appropriate agencies and assistance programs
• Advocate on behalf of clients and help them to access other assistance programs
• Provide practical administrative support as required (e.g. help with printing, drafting letters, filling out forms)
• Assist clients to access DVCS services including personal counselling, financial counselling, Tax Help, Back to School funding, Banyule Childrens Gift Appeal, Mailbox.
• Follow established agency policies and procedures as required
• A desire to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community
• Able to work effectively with people from various socio-economic levels and cultural backgrounds
• Good listening and communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Able to work well within a team environment
• Willing to undergo accredited training
• Pass a National Police Certificate and Working With Children Check
Community Support Workers complete the accredited CHCCCS004 Community Support Workers Course and are supervised by an experienced mentor during the probationary period. The course is run one day a week over 6 weeks. The training is part of the induction process and paid for by DVCS.
Contact: Further enquiries please call Kerri Wellington, Client Programs and Volunteer Coordinator, on 03 9435 8282.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 9435 8282
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Community Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.