About the role
We are looking for a Company Secretary. The position will begin as a trial. The right person will be invited to join our Board of Directors. The role is done completely remotely. All you need is access to a computer and a reliable internet connection. You would, however, be required to attend our annual board and members meetings in October. These were in Brisbane last year and they are likely to be in Brisbane again this year or perhaps Melbourne. The meetings are held over two days over the weekend (all expenses are paid).
The role is not likely to take more than approx 5-6 hours per month to do, perhaps a little more to begin with while to get up to speed with everything and also around the time of our annual meetings in October. You would be encouraged to support our projects eg: sleep apnea awareness day however this would only require as much time as you are able to spare. We are looking for someone that has experience as a company secretary or admin support for a not for profit or charity organisation. Word and Excel experience is necessary. Experience editing PDF’s and simple graphic design is desirable.
The following are the duties that the company secretary is responsible for:
- Convening and servicing board meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc). Also, for face to face meetings, book venue and travel arrangements for board members when necessary;
- Provide administrative support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors and other SDA officers;
- Record keeping ie: meeting minutes, Management Guidelines, Articles of Association (AoA);
- Processing forms for new SDA officers and providing relevant information to them eg; copies of our Management Guidelines and AoA;
- Any incoming and outgoing board related correspondence;
- Keep ASIC and ACNC details up to date (advise of any changes).
Sleep Disorders Australia is Australia’s peak patient body for sleep disorders. We are a voluntary Not for Profit organisation that provides information and offers support and assistance to people and their families who are affected by sleep disorders throughout Australia. We also advocate for the needs of people with sleep disorders and raise awareness of sleep disorders and the significance they can have on the lives of those affected by them.
We work with a range of sleep health professionals, organisations, research centres and peak bodies including the Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Australasian Sleep Association, Hypersomnolence Australia and the Sleep Health Foundation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0405917736
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Company Secretary (Director) via Pro Bono Australia.