About the role
AMM is looking for a volunteer Company Secretary to partner with our Chairperson, Board of Directors and the CEO. Working in conjunction with a dual Company Secretary whose primary responsibility is minute taking and filings, the role is responsible to ensure we maintain the highest levels of corporate governance. In time, success in the role may include an invitation to join our Board. Are you looking for exposure as a Company Secretary in a Not-For-Profit or wanting to gain experience working with a Board? Do the following describe you?
● Legally qualified and admitted to practice in Australia
● 5+ years generalist legal experience, preferably with exposure to corporate law, employment law and/or not-for-profit law
● Commercially astute, ideally with experience in the NFP regulatory environment and corporate governance in Australia
● Anticipates issues and creates solutions
● Exceptional communicator with a team mindset
● Professional with high integrity. Sets high standards, organized, detail minded, approachable, resilient and collaborative.
If it does, we’d love to hear from you.
If you want to get exposure to the NFP governance and regulatory environment and across a wide range of company secretarial activities in a dynamic not-for-profit environment whilst working alongside a passionate and supportive team of professionals? – Click apply and we’ll be in contact with you shortly!
About the organisation
Alex Makes Meals (AMM) is a not-for-profit company which started during COVID-19 to provide meals for frontline workers. As our case numbers ease, AMM has pivoted to now make meals for the many people facing food insecurity in our community, many of whom are in this position for the first time as a result of COVID-19.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Company Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.