About the role
Do you have a passion to be a leader in our local community?
If so, express interest in joining our Board as a Company Secretary / Director
Highett Community Financial Services Limited operates Highett Community Bank Branch, a franchise of the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank. The Branch opened on 17 March 2001 and has invested over $2.25 million into the community through sponsorships, grants and donations. We support many amazing local community organisations and sporting groups as well as schools and kindergartens.
We are seeking a talented individual to support the efficient administration of the Board, particularly ensuring compliance with constitutional, franchise agreement, statutory and regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Chairperson, our ideal candidate will have exceptional coordination and administrative skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and have a strong understanding of good corporate governance.
We are seeking expressions of interest from people who are:
- Community-minded with an interest in “giving back”
- Comfortable working collaboratively and within a team
- Positive and constructive in meetings
- Able to devote time to Company Secretary / Director duties (around 10-15 hours each month)
- Living or working locally to Highett and surrounding areas
Who have skills in the following areas:
- Company Secretary skills and experience or Governance and/or quality assurance, and compliance or Regulatory or legal or Accounting and auditing
- Administration including coordinating meetings and minute-taking
- Financial literacy
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and social media
In return, we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, dedicated, close-knit team and build local networks
- A sense of satisfaction from making a difference and supporting positive impact in the local community
- Governance Institute of Australia membership
- A range of personal and professional development options
- An annual honorarium to reimburse out-of-pocket expenses
Interested in finding out more? Email Jasmine Parker, Company Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application kit.
Applications close Friday, 20 November 2020.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Company Secretary / Director at Highett Community Bank via Pro Bono Australia.