About the role
Are you looking to build your skills in a volunteer capacity?
Do you have:
- a passion for supporting and working with young people and adults who have dyslexia and other learning disabilities?
- a desire to gain not-for-profit and social enterprise experience?
- a willingness to roll your sleeves up?
Well, we are looking for you, welcome to the Dear Dyslexic Foundation.
Dear Dyslexic Foundation (DDF) is a dyslexic-led grassroots, social enterprise with charitable status. Our vision is to empower young people and adults with learning disabilities to reach their full potential. DDF gives young people and adults a platform to share their lived experience of dyslexia and other learning disabilities. Our service model is built upon peer-led support principles and we use storytelling to give dyslexic individuals, their parents, and carers a voice as a means of empowerment and self-advocacy.
We work to:
- Raise Awareness of Dyslexia through direct action and education
- Celebrate stories of people living with dyslexia
- Carry out research to ensure our work is informed by evidence
DDF operates under a social model of disability, whereby dyslexic individuals are properly supported according to their individual needs. We actively seek to address the many challenges that dyslexic individuals face, including barriers to diagnosis, lack of visibility, acceptance and inclusion in school and employment, and access to support services.
DDF is seeking enthusiastic people to fill the roles of:
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 1800569667
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Company Secretary - Position Description via Pro Bono Australia.