About the role
– Managing the creation, editing and publishing of digital material to be published on
Empowered Together’s blog segment and monthly public newsletter
– Editing material from our Content Contributors to ensure the material aligns with
Empowered Together’s values
– Liaising with the Social Media Manager on the social media calendar to ensure material is
available for publication
– Providing feedback on performance of the blog as a whole to the Chief Marketing Officer
– Working with the Chief Marketing Officer to align blog content with the Marketing team’s
– Producing monthly public newsletters to showcase the events and publications of
– Managing 2x Podcast Managers for an upcoming Empowered Together podcast project
We are looking for someone who displays:
– Passion for the primary prevention of sexual violence and the work Empowered Together
– Understanding of a variety of media forms such as articles, videos and drawings and be
comfortable in providing feedback to creators of the content
– Knowledge of sexual violence and the contributing factors such as gender inequality,
power, and victim blaming
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
– Good time management skills to ensure regular publication of content in line with the
social media calendar and Marketing team’s KPIs.
– Non-essential: Has past experience using WordPress for blog post creation and
3 –5 hours a week, flexible as most work is done in your own time. The successful applicant will be expected to commit to the role for a year.
What you get out of it:
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together. Joining our Marketing Team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Content Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
– Gain experience in editing and providing feedback on a variety of media materials
– Work with a diverse group of individuals
– Improve your leadership skills and in particular, gain skills in leading volunteers of a digital
– Contribute to online content creation and enhance Empowered Together’s contribution of
new ideas to our space
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Content Manager via Pro Bono Australia.