About the role
Empowered Together is looking for a a passionate and motivated young leader to join Empowered Together’s Marketing team as the Content Manager. Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence by running workshops.
The Content Manager will be responsible for managing the creation, editing and publishing of digital material to be published on Empowered Together’s blog segment.
The duties include:
● Editing material from our Content Contributors to ensure the material aligns with Empowered Together’s values
● Liaising with the Social Media Manager on the social media calendar to ensure material is available for publication
● Providing feedback on performance of the blog as a whole to the Chief Marketing Officer
● Working with the Chief Marketing Officer to align blog content with the Marketing team’s KPIs
We are looking for someone who displays:
● Passion for the primary prevention of sexual violence and the work Empowered Together does
● Understanding of a variety of media forms such as articles, videos and drawings and be comfortable in providing feedback to creators of the content
● Knowledge of sexual violence and the contributing factors such as gender inequality, power, and victim blaming
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
● Good time management skills to ensure regular publication of content in line with the social media calendar and Marketing team’s KPIs.
● Non-essential: Has past experience using WordPress for blog post creation and publication
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our Marketing Team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Content Contributor, you will have the opportunity to:
● Gain experience in editing and providing feedback on a variety of media materials
● Work with a diverse group of individuals
● Improve your leadership skills and in particular, gain skills in leading volunteers of a digital forum
● Contribute to online content creation and enhance Empowered Together’s contribution of new ideas to our space
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter and an example of a blog post you have written to our Chief Marketing Officer, Steph Krstevski at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March 2020.
She is also happy to answer any questions or queries at this address.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Content Manager via Pro Bono Australia.