About the role
Are you a keen writer?
Do you believe words have power to connect us to complex social issues and inspire action?
Project Didi Australia are looking for volunteer contributors to help us raise awareness, start conversations and encourage questions about some of the complex and systemic issues we tackle.
Project Didi Australia is committed to strong futures for women and girls, free from violence. We work with local partners in Nepal to support survivors of trafficking and abuse, through holistic care, education and safe employment pathways.
You will play a key role in communicating the why of Project Didi’s work, developing compelling content. You’ll gain experience in the international development sector, working for a small passionate team based all over Australia. You’ll have flexibility and creative license, working remotely.
What will you do?
- Create at least one written series for social media and/or the Project Didi newsletter. Topics could include the myths of trafficking, models of care (institutional & family based care), women’s leadership in Nepal, for-purpose/ethical travel or community based development.
- Research relevant and unique topics for content, in line with Project Didi’s work.
- Develop and carry out interviews with Project Didi’s partners, volunteers and contacts.
Who are we after?
- An advocate for the rights of women and girls.
- Creative and able to engage audiences in challenging topics from new angles.
- A strong writer and researcher, with a good eye for detail.
- Aware of the principles of child protection and the power of language and image, particularly when sharing the stories of women and girls.
- Reliable – we’re looking for a volunteer who can maintain regular communication, deliver on deadlines and stay motivated while working remotely and independently.
Submit an expression of interest
Please submit your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- A maximum 1 page cover letter, outlining why you are a good fit for the role, your interest in contributing to our communications and any prior writing /research experience.
- Your CV
See the Position Description.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our team at Project Didi Australia. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that all team members are able to fulfill the essential functions of their roles.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Contributors: Are you a writer, storyteller or word wizz? via Pro Bono Australia.