About the role
The National Parks Association of Queensland Inc. (NPAQ) promotes the preservation, expansion and good management of national parks in Queensland https://npaq.org.au
The Association consists of a Council (Board), a number of Committees (including Communications and Marketing) and two permanent, part-time staff. Our Council is collegiate and successful, providing real opportunities to make a difference. We are actively engaged in enhancing Queensland’s Protected Area Estate (primarily National Parks), and have built effective relationships with relevant government departments and other stakeholders.
To continue our impact and effectiveness, we are seeking a Councillor with exceptional skills in Communications and Marketing.
As an honorary member of the Council you will be directly involved in:
- Actively contributing to the Marketing and Communications Committee, which plans, designs and delivers effective marketing around our advocacy work, events and key activities. They also advise Council on marketing/communication issues; and
- Delivering on NPAQ’s purpose – promoting the preservation, expansion and good management of protected areas in Queensland.
Our permanent staff members, and other Committee and Council members lend support to this Committee’s activities.
We would welcome your expression of interest (EOI), addressing the essential requirements below. It should be submitted to the Secretary by close of business Thursday 24th December 2020.
- You must be a member of the Association or prepared to become a member.
- Some existing or past connection, and/or interest with nature conservation.
- Relevant skills, experience and motivation to undertake duties utilising various channels to promote our work and events, such as press, social media, website, webinars, Eventbrite, and publications (newsletter and Quarterly magazine).
Attendance at meetings
Council meetings are held once per month, generally on the third Monday of the month, except for January. Attendance is via video-link, or occasionally NPAQ offices at Milton, or via zoom link depending on the practicality. Between meetings, interaction occurs through various committees and by email.
The various committees meet at times convenient to the committee members, typically via video-link.
Term of position
Initial appointment to the position is from early 2021 to September 2021. The successful candidate is eligible to nominate for election at the 2021 Annual General Meeting, held in September 2021.
- Prepare and lodge your EOI (no prescribed format) by due date – close of business Thursday 24th December 2020.
- You will be contacted during the following weeks to arrange a suitable time to meet with current Council and Committee members.
Please contact President, Susanne Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Councillor – Communications and Marketing via Pro Bono Australia.