About the Role
Who we are: Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) is a recently established health promotion charity whose mission is to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. AfHA is part of a global network who work to help people take practical action on happiness.
We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society.
The role: The Course Support Volunteer is responsible for supporting the effective running of the Exploring What Matter courses. The role involves:
- Undertaking 3 calls (initial, pre-course check-in and follow up) with each leader.
- Providing guidance on practical issues, i.e. venue, promotion strategy, costs, etc. • Assessing suitability of potential course leaders.
- Maintaining records for the courses and ensuring issues are reported back to AfHA.
- Helping deliver the goals of AfHA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience running or attending the Exploring What Matters course.
- Experience managing/supervising staff or volunteers and/or facilitation or coaching.
- A passion for wellbeing
Location, hours and resources:
- We will provide 3 hours initial training and request that the Course Support Volunteer team attend 1-2 meetings a year.
- The role is flexible – we are looking for volunteers to commit 2-8 hours per month. There are no set hours, so the role can be completed at the discretion of the volunteer and the leaders.
- There are 3 skype/zoom calls for each course (1 x 45 minutes and 2 x 20 minutes), plus approximately 1 hour of email support.
- Generally, the role is completed outside of office hours; however, some contact with course leaders/stakeholders may be required during office hours.
- AfHA does not have an office space. The role may be completed remotely, and/or from the Mind Room in Collingwood during office hours.
- The role requires the volunteer to be willing to use their own computer and phone.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0497015048
Please quote in application: Course Support Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.