About the role
Who we are: at Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) we aim to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. We are part of a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking action in their personal lives, communities, workplaces and schools to help create a happier and more caring society. We apply the growing wealth of scientific evidence of what really works.
We’re entirely volunteer-run and we’re looking to grow our team so we can have more impact.
The role: The Courses & Happtivist Support Volunteer is responsible for supporting the effective running of the Exploring What Matter courses and the development of Happtivist Groups across Australi. The role involves:
- Undertaking 3 calls (initial, pre-course check-in and follow up) with each leader of the course or the Happtivst Groups
- Providing guidance on a range of areas including events, venue, promotion strategy, costs, etc.
- Assessing the suitability of potential leaders
- Maintaining records for the courses and groups and ensuring issues are reported back in a timely manner
- Helping deliver the goals of AfHA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally, experience running or attending the Exploring What Matters course
- Experience managing/supervising staff or volunteers and/or facilitation or coaching
- A passion for wellbeing
Location, hours and resources:
- We will provide initial training and request that you attend our bi-monthly operations meetings
- The role is flexible – we are looking for volunteers to commit 1-2 hours/week. There are no set hours, so the role can be completed at the discretion of the volunteer and the leaders
- Generally, the role is completed outside of office hours; however, some contact with course leaders/stakeholders may be required during office hours
- AfHA does not have an office space. The role may be completed remotely and you’ll need to have access to your own computer and phone
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0403316297
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Courses & Happtivist Group Support Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.