About the role
Who we are: at Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA) we aim to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. We are part of a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking action in their personal lives, communities, workplaces and schools to help create a happier and more caring society. We apply the growing wealth of scientific evidence of what really works.
We’re entirely volunteer run and we’re looking to grow our team so we can have more impact.
- Creating and scheduling social media posts for our Facebook and Instagram pages (through Social Tract); reporting on performance each month
- Producing creative design solutions within branding guidelines (Canva)
- Keeping our website up to date (Sqaurespace)
- Editing photos to bring our brand to life
- Providing marketing and communications support on projects and campaigns
- Assisting in-person and online events; including scheduling and publishing information on the website and socials
- Developing content for eDM’s (MailChimp)
- Attend and actively participate in bi-monthly operations meetings (meetings occur after hours and are generally 2 hours in duration)
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills
- Ideally tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or PR
- Experience using platforms like Social Tract, Squarespace, Canva and Mailchimp, or the ability to pick up these platforms quickly
- Ideally, a background in or passion for wellbeing, psychology or health is preferred
- This role is perfect for those who are self-motivated, organised and love working independently with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Hours and Resources:
- This role is very flexible and is done completely remotely; there are no set hours although we ask that you attend a bi-monthly operations meeting (in the evening) in person or via Zoom
- We’re looking for someone who can invest at least 2-hours a week, if you’re able to contribute more, that’s fantastic!
- Volunteer needs to be willing to use their own computer and phone
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Digital and Marketing Assistant (volunteer position) via Pro Bono Australia.